07 juillet 2006

Le témoignage d'Anita



Don’t worry, everything will be just fine and you’ll have the best year ever ‘- this is what my friends were telling me before I left Hungary with lots of doubts…which already disappeared somehow…

I’m spending my EVS at JAVVA, which is kind of a professional experience as well because I’ve been working for YAP Hungary (Via Pacis) for almost 2 years.

Dorina told me to write about my first expressions, which are mixed and confusing at the moment.

I couldn’t imagine how does an intercultural city look like. Now I know …It has to be like Bruxelles.
Everybody has his own story with different pasts, variant backgrounds. I have one as well, which I think can perfectly fit this environment in the middle of Europe.

Coming from Budapest from a busy and breezy city where people don’t know each other however they go to the same cafés, same universities and they have lots of common friends. I’m just wondering if it’s the same here or absolutely different???

My French is slowly improving (by the way if there is somebody who wants me to communicate better, feel better… I’m waiting desperately in 3 Avenue du Park Royal) ‘cos you know I don’t want to be the reason when somebody misses his tram ‘cos I couldn’t answer if it goes to De Bruckere or not.

Everything is fine, however sometimes I feel that I’m living somebody else’s life and anybody else could the person be, I don’t care about it, just don’t want her to come back and get it for a while.
Of course there are also difficulties about being in a new environment alone, and even if it's hard, can be pretty useful mainly in this period of my life when there are so many questions to answer about the future.
I realized that being alone is really a challange for me to achieve 'cos sometimes there is no point to be among friends and going around the city madly. This is what I need to learn the most, which could help me a lot to get to know myself better.

Everybody was talking about the cultural shock in the pre-departure camp and I’m really willing to feel it a bit, but only a bit. You know sometimes I’m really close to it but then in the next minute something happens and everything became normal (which I’m not sure what a hell means…) and I’m feeling safe and calm again. I know it’s pretty confused and I’m not sure if you know what I mean.

The most important thing is that I feel good and started to find myself and my new life in Bruxelles.

A +

anita